chargeback & collections managerPosted: Friday, Aug 09 2019 - Full-time - Paramus, New Jersey, United States
Our client is a corporate apparel company that has been in business since 1896. They work with the biggest retailers to push their apparel and footwear. They are looking for a Chargeback & Collections Manager. This individual will be responsible for efficiently managing a large amount of client accounts. You will engage clients in a positive and professional manner to ensure their accounts remain current. You will be tasked with developing strategies to reduce outstanding receivables.
- Execute the day-to-day operations and responsible for all aspect of accounts receivable functions, including billings, cash postings, inquiries from internal and external customers, issue resolution, delinquent accounts, etc.
- Drive performance metrics related to billing and collection including percent past due and Days to Pay.
- Determine new customer's credit worthiness by analyzing and evaluating credit applications
- Negotiate with customers to offer alternative terms of payment if they are deemed not credit worthy
- Follow and enhance the collection escalation and credit policy.
- Review and ensure proper recording and application of payments
- Collect on invalid chargebacks
- Research chargebacks resulting from non-compliance as well as chargebacks relating to terms of sale
- 2-5 years Chargeback/Accounts Receivable/Collections experience is a must
- Very strong Excel skills